Moreo Spaghetti quickly made with canned sauce and Johnsonville Italian Sweet Sausage Mild.
Mike loves this recipe and asks for it weekly.
In the summertime, I use fresh herbs from my herb garden. Seasoned with parsley, thyme, rosemary, oregano, chives, and cilantro. Otherwise, I use 2 teaspoons of a dried Italian Seasoning mix.
Glazed onions are in the freezer section at my local Walmart.
The merlot for deglazing and Worcestershire Sauce are optional, but I think they add flavor to the sauce. I also add sugar to the canned sauce to reduce the tartness.
Spaghetti the Moreo Way
- 1 lb ground Johnsonville Sweet Italian Sausage
- 4 tablespoons merlot
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 cube of caramelized onions
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans Hunt's Pasta Sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh Oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh Rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fresh Basil
- 5 quarts fresh Thyme
- 5 quarts water
- 1 pound box Creamette Angel Hair Pasta
- Put 5 quarts of water in large pot, add 1 tablespoon of salt, and bring to boil.
- Brown the ground Johnsonville Sweet Italian Sausage in a large deep skillet. Drain off excess fat, add merlot, and deglaze until merlot smell leaves.
- Stir in the caramelized onions. Simmer a couple of minutes, and add the Worcestershire sauce, continuing to simmer.
- Add herb mixture and stir until wilted. Then, add the two cans of pasta sauce. Add the sugar and stir. I always taste to make sure I have the flavor I want. Lower heat and let simmer while pasta is cooking.
- Serve sauce over the spaghetti or combine with the sauce in the pot and let simmer a few minutes.