Pasta Fazool (Pasta e Fagioli) Lunch
This pasta fazool soup started as a quick lunch Pasta e Fagioli soup. Then, I remembered that I had leftover taco meat.
Because I added the taco meat, I switched my cheese to a Taco Blend.
If you don’t choose to use taco meat in your soup, I recommend and Italian Blend of cheese or Parmesan topping.
Pasta Fazool (Pasta e Fagioli) with Taco Meat or Not
- Can of mixed vegetables drained
- 1/2 cup of Creamette Ready Cut Spaghetti or other small pasta
- Can of Hunt's Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes 14.5 oz
- Vegetable or chicken broth or stock-maybe 1/2 cup-Just used to keep pasta covered with liquid.
- 1 cup of prepared taco meat or sausage
- A small amount of either Mexican Taco, or Italian Blend shredded cheese for topping.
- Cook pasta according to box directions. 1/2 cup of dry pasta is ample for this pot of soup. Set aside
- Heat tomatoes and vegetables in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until boiling.
- If using meat, add the prepared meat now and blend.
- Add the pasta and stir the soup until well blended.
- If needed, add the broth/stock to the mixture to ensure that the pasta is covered and simmer for a few minutes.
- Serve with shredded cheese on top.