One + One: Scarves Shawls and Shrugs is by Iris Schreier, author of Modular Knits, Reversible Knits & Lacy Little Knits, teaches the knitter to incorporate two different skeins into their knitting project. Yes, that’s all it takes is two skeins!
- There are over 25 projects designed by Iris Schreier and 14 other designers.
- Included designs are scarves, cowls, capes, shawls, wraps, and shrugs.
- Techniques include corrugated rib, Mobius cast-on, short rows without wrapping, adding beads as you knit, provisional cast-on, and more.
- Stretch expensive yarns by combining them with a lower-priced one.
- Learn to integrate two different colors of a single yarn, as in Annie Modesitt’s Slip Stitch Wimple.
- Fabulous Yarns has dedicated an entire section of their site exclusively to One + One knitting projects, and with the help of Artyarns, they’ve built kits and stocked the yarns for every project in the book.
- Take those one skein only precious yarns that you just had to buy and combine two of them and create something beautiful. Whatever two skeins you have in your stash, this book will likely have a project to use up those skeins.
One + One: Scarves, Shawls, and Shrugs by Iris Schreier
Published by Lark Crafts on 2012
Genres: Crafts & Hobbies, Fashion, Needlework, Knitting
Find the Author: Website, Twitter, Facebook, Amazon, Instagram, Pinterest
Source: Amazon Purchase
One + One = Two skeins! That's all it takes to make any of these 25 breathtaking knitted accessories. Scarves, Shawls & Shrugs is the first in a new series by renowned designer Iris Schreier that showcases the many possibilities of working with just two skeins of yarn. Mixing yarn types, weights, and colors, she presents a dazzling array of stylish and sophisticated wraps. Schreier created about half the projects herself, while other prominent designers provided the rest. The projects range from easy to unique and offer new ideas for blending yarns and creating pieces with high appeal, beautiful drape, and practical functionality.
I purchased this book on Amazon.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This post contains affiliate links you can use to purchase the book. If you buy the book using that link, I will receive a small commission from the sale.Buy on Amazon
Add to Goodreads
One + One: Scarves Shawls and Shrugs
Here is what I recommend you do:
- Buy this book.
- Create something beautiful from those two cherished skeins that have just been languishing in your stash.
- Don’t forget to check Ravelry for more ideas on what knitters have created using this book.