Mustard Potato Salad
Mustard potato salad is only one version of how you can turn the humble potato into a delicious side dish. But, in my family this version with sweet pickle relish, mustard, creamy salad dressing, eggs, onion, and celery, this is IT.Print
Mustard potato salad made with potatoes, sweet pickle relish, mustard, creamy dressing, eggs, onion, and celery is a perfect mixture.
- 6 medium potatoes (2 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 2 ribs of finely chopped celery
- One small Vidalia onion finely chopped or minced
- 1 1/4 cups of mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/4 cup or less of sugar
- A tablespoon of yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup of sweet pickle relish
- 6 hard-boiled eggs (I cook mine in the Instant Pot) Coarsely chop 5 of the eggs and slice the 6th.
- 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper
- Hungarian Paprika, not smoked
- In a covered saucepan cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until just fork tender. Should take 10-12 minutes. Then, spread the potatoes out on a sheet pan so they can cool quickly. Allow about 10 minutes.
- Using a large bowl, combine celery, onion, mayonnaise or salad dressing, relish, mustard, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Now, add the potatoes and eggs to the above mixture. Toss lightly to mix.
- Place the slices on the top of the mixture. Sprinkle lightly with paprika.
- Finally, cover and chill for 6-12 hours.
My mother always prepared mashed potato salad, but I prefer the cubed potatoes.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: old fashioned mustard potato salad, mustard potato salad, potato sidedish
What goes with potato salad? BBQ chicken!