Mac N Cheese, So Easy
This baked macaroni and cheese dish is creamy and delicious. Forget about the mac n cheese box with powdered cheese or cheese squeezed out of a foil packet. Once you have tasted this recipe, you won’t go back to the boxed.
This a lot for me to say because I have been known to polish off a whole pan of the boxed stuff. I used to live on macaroni and cheese.
Macaroni and Cheese the Moreo Way
- 4 cups uncooked macaroni an entire 1 lb box
- 5 T melted butter
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 beaten egg
- 6 cups of milk
- 8 oz shredded medium cheddar
- 8 oz shredded sharp cheddar
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Pour the butter into a 13" x 9" metal pan. Stir the macaroni into the butter until coated.
- Stir the cheeses into the coated macaroni.
- Add the salt, pepper, mustard, and egg into the milk and pour onto the pasta mixture.
- Place the pan on the middle shelf of your oven, and bake for one hour or until golden brown.
- Enjoy your homemade macaroni and cheese.