Love of My Heart™ Kitchen Towels Kit for the Cricket loom is designed by Jodi Ybarra for Cotton Clouds and comes in various kits designed with love and quality cotton yarn.
Full disclosure: Even though Cotton Clouds provided this weaver with a Hot Checks kit, I promise an unbiased review of the kit.
About the Love of My Heart™ Towels Kit
For this Holiday Season, Cotton Clouds, the number one source for cotton yarn, wanted to continue their theme to weave with LOVE. Jodi designed these towels for the beginner to the more advanced weaver. They can be woven on a 15″ rigid heddle loom with other options available. The patterns are exclusive to these kits. There are two towel designs:
- Hot Checks – Woven with deep rich colors with a pop of white, color changes create the check design.
- Cool Stripes – Woven with a textured pick-up stick pattern that results in a super absorbent towel.
Choose between yardage for two or four towels.
What is Included
- 100% Unmercerized Aurora Earth 8/2 Cotton Yarn in sanguine colors of berries & reds
- 100% Unmercerized Cotton Tail 8/4 Cotton Yarn in white
- LOVE of My Heart™ Gifting Card with Laundry Care instructions
- Samples of SOAK, a plant-based laundry liquid to prewash and include with your LOVE towels. Just an added touch of love!
What You Need
- Cool Stripes or Hot Checks Towel Pack (order below
- 2-shaft loom (rigid heddle)
- 15″ weaving width
- 10 dpi reed
- 2 shuttles for Cool Stripes or 4 shuttles for Hot Checks
The kit I have is for the Hot Check towels.
The kit included all of the cotton needed for the towels. The pattern was well written. It included detailed warping and weaving instructions. Not only did it include a graphic threading pattern, but the weaving order was also displayed. Jodi also presented the weaving process steps, from measuring the warp to removing the weaving from the loom and finishing the towels.
I highly recommend this kit.
Get Your Own Kit Now
Why buy a kit vs buying individual cones of yarn?
Buying individual cones of cotton can be pricey. The kit I am weaving is the Hot Checks kit. It requires one cone of each of the three towel colors plus one cone of thinner cotton for the hem. The price of these four cones would be three cones of 8/4 Cottontail at $39.95 per cone and one mini cone of 8/2 Aurora Earth at $8.95, totaling $128.80. And, you still would not have the pattern for these towels. Thus, the kit becomes economical, and you have the design and cotton thread.
Remember, the pattern is exclusive to the each kit.
Use the Coupon Code Love2020 and receive $3 off your kit cost. The code is valid until December 31, 2020. So, click on the button below and pick out your towel kit.