I reviewed Leisure Arts’ book, Knits for Summer, by Kristi Simpson. Leisure Arts provided this book for my review.
Ten carefree stylish designs perfect for summer are in this book.
- The Long Vest (on the left in the above photo)-knit on US Size 11 needles using Category 4, Medium Weight yarn.
- The Barefoot Sandals are knit with only 25 yards of Category 4, Medium Weight Yarn, and US Size 10 ½ needle.
- The Scoop Neck Top is knit with both sizes US 7 and 8 needles and Category 2, Fine Weight yarn.
- The Surfside Tunic Above-knit using US Size 10 needles and Category 3, Light Weight yarn.
- The Striped Tote-knit using US Size 10 needles and two strands of Category 4, Medium Weight yarn held together.
- Anchor Pillow-knit using US Size 10 needles and Category 4, Medium yarn. The anchor was applied to the pillow using Duplicate Stitch.
Other Projects not Pictured Above
- Seaside Coasters-knit with US Size 6 needles and Category 4, Medium Weight yarn.
- Lacy Cape-knit with US Size 10 needles and Category 4, Medium Weight yarn.
- Rosy Head Wrap-knit with US Size 8 needles and Category 2, Fine Weight yarn.
- Fringed Hip Wrap-knit with US Size 8 needles and Category 2, Fine Weight yarn.
Knits for Summer by Kristi Simpson Nitty Gritty
Included are eight cotton designs, one microfiber (Fringed Hip Wrap) design, and one acrylic (striped tote) design. As a result, you can keep cool this summer.
Most projects are knit using a US 10 knitting needle. A US 6 knitting needle is the smallest knitting needle and a US 11 knitting needle is the largest needle.
The Degree of Difficulty and Instructions
These easy-rated knitting projects used basic stitches, repetitive stitch patterns, simple color changes, and simple shaping and finishing.
Using a different color of ink for each size makes the knitting instructions easier to track your specific size.
Furthermore, Leisure Arts prints detailed general instructions that include the knitting abbreviations symbols and terms and detailed instructions and graphics explaining techniques and stitches.
On the last page is the Yarn Information for each of the model projects. However, the achievement of the proper finished size means that gauge is important and not necessarily the yarn brand. (See my post on the importance of getting gauge.)
Buy this Book!
Buy Knits for Summer in either digital download or paperback by clicking on any of the above book photos.