Iron Skillet Fried Potatoes
Iron Skillet Fried Potatoes were a household staple when Mike and I were going up. My aunt would add onions and sugar to her fried potatoes.
- 4 russet potatoes
- 4 tbsp cooking oil
- Pare and slice the potatoes
- Heat oil in iron skillet on medium high.
- Add the potatoes turning them over until all are coated with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- As soon as the bottom potatoes are browning. turn the potatoes every few minutes to brown the other potatoes. Not all of the potatoes need to be browned.
- Turn heat down to Medium, cover the potatoes, and cook until almost tender. Stir occasionally.
- Remove lid and turn heat up to Medium High. Continue to cook stirring and turning potatoes over 3 or 4 times until browned and crusty to your liking.