Cast Iron Skillet Fried Potatoes was a staple in our families homes. My aunt would add onions and sugar to her potatoes. Russet potatoes hold up to the frying. Onions, bell peppers, rosemary, and garlic are other great additions to the skillet.
Make sure to pat your sliced potatoes dry before putting them into your cast iron skillet. Also, do not overcrowd the potatoes.
Use enough oil to keep your potatoes from sticking.
Whether it is breakfast, lunch, or supper, fried potatoes make any meal special.
Cast Iron Skillet Fried Potatoes
- 4 russet potatoes
- 4 tbsp cooking oil
- Pare and slice the potatoes
- Heat oil in an iron skillet on medium high.
- Add the potatoes turning them over until all are coated with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- As soon as the bottom potatoes are browning. turn the potatoes every few minutes to brown the other potatoes. Not all of the potatoes need to be browned.
- Turn heat down to Medium, cover the potatoes, and cook until almost tender. Stir occasionally.
- Remove lid and turn heat up to Medium High. Continue to cook stirring and turning potatoes over 3 or 4 times until browned and crusty to your liking.
Try my Skillet Fried Zucchini.
My favorite brand of cast iron skillet is Lodge: