I love, love grilled cheese. Mike and I have some version of grilled cheese for lunch every week. Sometimes, we use a selection of cheeses (provolone, cheddar, swiss, and or American cheese).Print
Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
For years, I made my grilled cheese sandwiches by buttering the outside of the bread, placing the cheese/ham in between, and then putting the entire sandwich on the griddle. It was always tricky to flip the entire sandwich. Now, I grill the bread slices separately add the cheese/ham and then put the sandwich together. Not only is this easier, it is faster.
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 slice of Kraft Big Slice Cheese or cheese of your choice
- 2 slices of Sara Lee Honey Ham deli meat
- 1 tsp I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter
- Heat griddle to 350 degrees. I use a Presto griddle.
- Put a thin layer of margarine on one side of each slice of bread. Place the bread buttered side down on the griddle.
- Add the ham to one of the slices and add the cheese to the other slice of bread.
- Grill until the bread is browned to your satisfaction. Then, just flip one on top of the other with grilled side up. Enjoy!
More recipes for grilled cheese sandwiches– Hot Ham & Swiss Open-Face
Another sandwich you might like: Beer Brats in a Skillet