We love homemade egg noodles. For years, I made them totally by hand. But, now I use my Cuisinart food processor and my Kitchenaide mixer with pasta attachment.Print
- 1 Egg, large
- 1/2 tsp Real Salt
- 3 tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Flour
- Place salt and flour in a food processor.
- Pulse to blend.
- Add the egg and cream.
- Process until a soft ball of dough forms. Add more liquid if ball isn’t forming.
- Let rest in food processor bowl (covered) for 15 to 20 minutes. Ball should be satiny.
Roll Your Pasta
- Attach Kitchenaid pasta roller to mixer.
- Divide ball into two parts.
- With roller set on 1, feed 1 part into the roller. Feed dough through one more time. Advance setting to 2 and feed dough into roller. Continue advancing setting each time until dough is the thickness you want. Your pasta will be really long. Use additional flour to dust the pasta and set the sheet aside.
- Feed the second part into the roller as in last direction.
- Select the noodle cutter width that you want. I use the largest one. Install onto the mixer.
Cut Your Noodles
- Sprinkle more flour lightly onto your two sheets of dough and stack them one on top of the other.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut your sheets crosswise in 3-4″ sections or however long you like your noodles.
- Feed one section at a time into the cutter. Make sure you have a pan underneath to catch your noodles. Sprinkle more flour on the noodles. I keep fluffing them up as more needles fall into the pan. Flour helps keep the noodle from sticking together.
Continue feeding the sections until all your noodles are cut. You can use your noodles now or spread them out so they can dry out a bit. Dump flour and all into your boiling broth and enjoy.