Once you make your own egg noodles, you will hesitate to use store-bought. I think it is fun to watch the noodles come out of the pasta roller/cutter.
Don’t forget, these noodles aren’t just for chicken and noodles. Use them in any of your favorite egg noodle dishes.
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Pasta
- Cuisine: American
- 1 Egg, large
- 1/2 tsp Real Salt
- 3 tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Flour
- Place salt and flour in a food processor.
- Now, pulse to blend.
- Add the egg and cream.
- Process until a soft ball of dough forms. Add more liquid if the ball isn’t forming.
- Let rest in food processor bowl (covered) for 15 to 20 minutes. The ball should be satiny.
Roll Your Pasta
- Attach Kitchenaid pasta roller to the mixer.
- Divide the ball into two parts.
- With roller set on 1, feed 1 part into the roller. Feed dough through one more time. Advance setting to 2 and feed dough into the roller. Continue advancing setting each time until the dough is the thickness you want. Your pasta sheet will be long. Use additional flour to dust the pasta and set the sheet aside.
- Feed the second part into the roller as in the last direction.
- Select the noodle cutter width that you want. I use the largest one. Install onto the mixer.
Cut Your Noodles
- Sprinkle more flour lightly onto your two sheets of dough and stack them one on top of the other.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut your sheets crosswise in 3-4″ sections or however long you like your noodles.
- Feed one sheet at a time into the cutter. Make sure you have a pan underneath to catch your noodles. Sprinkle more flour on the noodles. I keep fluffing them up as more needles fall into the pan. The sprinkling of flour keeps the noodles from sticking together.
Continue feeding the sections until all your noodles are cut. You can use your noodles now or spread them out so they can dry out a bit. Dump flour and all into your boiling broth and enjoy.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Keywords: egg noodles